Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cast of Characters

Okay so before I get too far into these post I figure I should introduce those who will play a very important part in this blog. They are my teammates, my friends, my family. They are Hofstra Cross Country. I'll give a brief description of each person by class:

Jr.- Tom Daly_ He is my fellow classmate and roommate as well. He is one of the most natural athletes I've ever met. 

Sophs-
Phil Giackette- One of the better runners I've ever met. Can be a little too cocky at times but he's a good kid deep, deep, deeeep down.
Eric Tremblay- One of the kids I'm closest too on the team. As a runner he is very strong mentally. Never a bad time hanging out with him.
Owen Graham- The man who carries our team GPA. He's had some bad luck with injuries but he is definitely one of the guys who holds us together.

Frosh-
Fred Shatell- Only in his 2nd year of running but he is very gifted. Was one of our top 5 last season. He's a goof ball but dependable when we need him
Ernie Pacheco- Nicknamed "Fuzzy". He's barely 5 foot and he's definitely not one of the coolest kids in the world, but he's at practice every day and he works as hard as anyone.
Greg Rogoz- He's a converted baseball player from CONNECTICUT! He's had injury problems of his own and the jury is still out on what he can do
Brian Gerardi- Definitely brings alot of character to the team. He joined us this spring and we're hoping he stays with us in the fall if he doesnt get into West Point.
Derek Lockwood- The kid is a space cadet, but he's a good runner as well. He also joined us this spring as well.
Matt Wilkens- My training partner during Track. He is by far the strongest guy on the team. He was a quarter and half miler and high school and he plans on going out for the team in the fall.

Alright, I'll do the girls on a later date but for the meantime these are the guys whose names you'll see alot in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment