Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just a start.

So this is my first time posting on this and I have class in about 30 min so its gonna be brief. My name is Robbie Wright and I'm a runner for Hofstra University. I'm from Finksburg, MD and I'm a junior. I kinda figured I'd start a blog mainly just to show my experiences as a runner. This is my third year with the Hofstra program but this was my first year running cross country. See, in high school I ran track (100,200,300) but I played football in the fall. As you can imagine going from being a pure sprinter to what I am now (400,800,5k,8k,) was a rough process. I'll get into more detail about in a later post. Anyway we re getting towards the end of our spring season and today is a speed workout day (set of 200s or 300s) This is one of the easier workout days we have and its mainly just for developing the turn over in the legs. This workout is important because I want to race well at the Yale invite in two because it will probably be my last chance to race on a track before I start training for xc. I've felt very strong all season and n general i pretty have with the way its gone and I'm pretty excited for xc next year. Anyway I gotta get my ass to class so I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment